The Southwest Alentejano and Costa Vicentina Natural Park is located on the southwest coast of Portugal with a length of 110 km. Throughout the park there is a mix of Mediterranean vegetation, the north Atlantic and Africa. There’s about 750 species, of which more than 100 are endemic, rare or localized; 12 there are nowhere else in the world. Nesting on cliffs and sea cliffs is a feature of the park area, especially the white stork, peregrine falcon and red-billed chough. It is the only place in the world where storks nest on sea cliffs.
We start our tour with a visit to the Carrapateira Sea and Land Museum, where we can get to know the history and development of the region, ecology and the local development. We walk inland observing the vegetation predominant with the Cistus ladanifer (commom named as gum rockrose) towards the Coast, where we meet the ocean and an outstanding scenery with its remarkable cliffs.
A specialized guide will accompany you, show you the nicest spots and explain what you’re observing and the surroundings.
In the Costa Vicentina Walking Tour you have the opportunity to find a place where nature and history combine, creating impressive landscapes, while enjoying a pleasant walk. Certainly a great highlight to your holidays!
5 to 6 hours
Minimum of 24 hours in advance
- Comfortable clothes, suitable shoes and sun cream are advised.
- Bring some snacks for the lunch break.
50€ per person
Walking day with specialized guide
Bottle of water
Entrance ticket in the Carrapateira Sea and Land Museum ("Museu do Mar e da Terra da Carrapateira")
- Snacks for lunch break
Pick-up & drop-off transfers (Prices p. person):
- 20€ from the areas: Portimão, Lagos and Sagres.
- 30€ from the areas: Armação de Pêra, Carvoeiro and Lagoa.
- 40€ from the area: Albufeira.
- 50€ from the areas: Vilamoura, Quarteira, Loulé, Almancil, Vale do Lobo, Quinta do Lago, Faro and Olhão.
- 70€ from the areas: Tavira, Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo António.
- Other areas: on request.