- Enjoy the fantastic life of Lisbon while exploring Cycling Holidays in Portugal
- Visit some of the main landmarks of Portuguese Discoveries
- Spectacular green areas to explore
- Selected routes full of history
- Four Star Hotel
Cycling through 114 km on a two days journey, surrounded by culture, history and beautiful sceneries in and around Lisbon. The accommodation in a four star hotel is located in the city centre of the Capital of Portugal. Both stages start and end near to your hotel, which allows you to decide which stage you want to do first. The Lisbon City Tour provides an unforgettable journey through places full of history and culture that shaped our civilization and the world. In this tour you have the opportunity to feel the life of the typical neighbourhoods of Alfama and Bairro Alto and get to know the modern area, by the Tejo River, Parque das Nações. You’ll be impressed by the amount of green areas located in the city centre. You will pass by some of the main historic landmarks of Portugal and beautiful viewpoints – great places for a memorable photo of your holiday. The In & Out Lisbon tour, you’ll cycle through the biggest forest park in Portugal (Monsanto Forest Park). In this stage you will have two ferry boat trips crossing the Tejo River, taking you to the Sanctuary of Christ the King where you will have an amazing view to the city of Lisbon, on the other side of the river. The way back is made through neighbourhoods of Lisbon.
In this Short Break Cycling Holidays in Lisbon you can taste the traditional flavours of the Portuguese cuisine, visit some of the main landmarks of the Portuguese Discoveries, get in touch with the welcoming local people and much more! Certainly, a great way to escape from the routine and to get to know one of the nicest cities of World.
Day 1 - Arrival Lisbon
Transfer with MegaSport from Lisbon Airport (or train/bus station) to the hotel in Lisbon.
Day 2 - Lisbon City Tour – (47 km)
In this tour you get to know the roots of the city of Lisbon and its typical neighbourhoods. You’ll start cycling through cycle paths and green areas that will lead you to the shore of the Tejo River. Cycling along the river by the cycle paths you will get to the typical neighbourhood of Alfama. There you can get in touch with the welcoming people, taste the traditional food, visit some of the nicest landmarks of the city and enjoy amazing viewpoints. From Alfama you’ll cycle through the Commerce Square until the famous neighbourhood of Bairro Alto, where you can see and ride the famous Tram 28. Passing the downtown of Lisbon (the historical centre of the city), your way back to the hotel is made by shared roads of bicycles/cars and cycle paths.
- Highlights on the way: Campo Pequeno Bullring; Museum of Lisbon; Bela Vista Park; Ceramics Museum of Sacavém; Altice Arena; Park of Nations; Oceanarium; Fado Museum; National Pantheon; Monastery of São Vicente de Fora; Alfama Neighbourhood; São Jorge Castle; The Roman Theatre Museum; Lisbon Cathedral; House of the Beaks/Spikes; Commerce Square; Downtown Lisbon; Town Hall Square; São Paulo Church; Ascensor of Bica; Tram 28; São Bento Palace; National Museum of Natural History and Science; Príncipe Real Garden; Viewpoint of São Pedro de Alcântara; São Roque Church; Luís de Camões Square; Our Lady of Encarnação Church; Basilica of Our Lady of Mártires; The National Museum of Contemporary Art (Chiado Museum); Rossio; D. Maria II National Theatre; Restauradores Square; Avenue of Liberty; Marquês do Pombal Square; Eduardo VII Park; Amália Rodrigues Garden.
Day 3 - In & Out Lisbon Tour – (67 km)
In this stage you get to know Lisbon from the inside and outside. First you will visit the historic Águas Livres Aqueduct and then you’ll cycle through cycle paths and shared roads by the Monsanto Forest Park (the biggest forest park in Portugal). Arriving in Belém take the ferry to Porto Brandão, where you’ll cycle through the neighbourhoods of Monte da Caparica to get to the Sanctuary of Christ the King. Here you can go to the top of this fantastic monument and have a monumental view of the city of Lisbon and the River. Cycling by the neighbourhoods of Almada you will get to Cacilhas for the second ferry boat trip. Arriving in Cais do Sodré, cycle by the cycle paths by the river until Belém. Here you can taste de famous Portuguese custard tart (pastel de nata), visit the outstanding Jerónimos Monastery and the Museum of the Presidency of the Republic. The way back is made through the neighbourhoods of Lisbon, shared roads of bicycles/cars and cycle paths.
- Highlights on the way: Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation; Águas Livres Aqueduct; Our Lady of Rosário Church; Monsanto Forest Park; Montes Claros; Champalimaud Foundation; Combatente Museum; Belém Tower; Monument to the Discoveries; Popular Art Museum; Sanctuary Christ the King; Almada City; MAAT; Museum of Electricity; Empire Square; Jerónimos Monastery; Pastel de Belém (cake); Museum of the Presidency of the Republic; National Coach Museum; Estrela Basilica; Estrela Garden; Lisbon Synagogue.
Day 4 - Return
Transfer with MegaSport from the hotel to Lisbon Airport (or train/bus station) for your return home.
OPTIONAL: extra night/s available on request. Also possible to continue Cycling Lisbon to Sagres - 7 nights | 6 stages.
The stages are crossed by proper shared roads for bicycles and cars, cycle paths, secondary roads and in typical neighbourhoods in cobble stone roads. Despite the hills in Lisbon city centre, the tours are easily crossed with the help of the electric bicycles (BOSCH) provided for this cycling holiday. The stages are supported with maps and GPS.
47 & 67 Km
Lisbon offers excellent temperatures to enjoy a cycling route at any time of year. Maximum Average temperatures vary between 14 degrees in January until the 28 degrees in August and 18 degrees in November.
Plane – You can book your airfare directly to Lisbon Airport or you can book it to Faro or Porto Airports (with any connection to Lisbon by Bus or Train).
Characteristics of the route
|Jan*/Feb/Mar* Nov/Dec*||Apr/May/Jun Sept/Oct||
|630 €||750 €||
(supplement - p. person)
|95 €||95 €||95 €|
|290 €||395 €||
|460 €||570 €||550 €|
3 nights’ accommodation in 4* hotel with breakfast
- Tourist Tax
- Transfer from Lisbon (airport, train station, bus terminal or any other location of your choice) to the hotel in Lisbon
- Transfer from the hotel in Lisbon to Lisbon airport, train station, bus terminal or any other location of your choice
E-Bike (BOSCH) or Trekking bicycle with front and saddle bag
Travel pack per booking
Clean & Safe Kit (1 certified reusable mask, 1 pair of gloves and 1 bottle of alcohol-gel)
Travel pack included:
- Hotel Vouchers
- Ferry Boat Ticket from Belém to Porto Brandão
- Ferry Boat Ticket from Cacilhas to Cais do Sodré
- 1 GPS per booking
- 1 Speedometer per room
- 1 Set of puncture repair kit for each two bikes
- 1 Lock for each two bikes
- Information on the social and community rules and rules for preventing COVID-19, in force in Portugal
- Information about the Clean & Safe protocol and rules
Entrance tickets to the monuments and attractions in Lisbon
*Half board p. person (HB - 3 dinners) = 100€
- Arrival transfer from other locations: on request
*Arrival Clean & Safe transfer from Lisbon airport (or from another location of your choice) to the hotel in Lisbon: in a light vehicle up to 5 seats (max. 2 persons) = 50€ | in a light vehicle up to 9 seats (max. 4 persons) = 80€
- Arrival Clean & Safe transfer from other locations: on request
- Departure transfer from other locations: on request
*Departure Clean & Safe transfer from the hotel in Lisbon to Lisbon airport, train station, bus terminal or any other location of your choice: in a light vehicle up to 5 seats (max. 2 persons) = 50€ | in a light vehicle up to 9 seats (max. 4 persons) = 80€
- Departure Clean & Safe transfer from other locations: on request
*Easter - 35€ p. person for double room and 60€ for single room - 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st March
*New year - 35€ p. person for double room and 60€ for single room - 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st December 2021 and 1st January 2022
*Christmas Eve dinner p. person (when booking a package HB) - 24th December: 40€
*Christmas Eve dinner p. person (when booking a package BB) - 24th December: 60€
*Christmas dinner p. person (when booking a package HB) - 25th December: 40€
*Christmas dinner p. person (when booking a package BB) - 25th December: 60€
*New Year's Eve dinner p. person (when booking a package HB) - 31st December: 120€
*New Year's Eve dinner p. person (when booking a package BB) - 31st December: 150€