The Serra de Monchique (Monchique Range) is a chain of mountains in the western part of the Algarve. It is the south-westernmost mountain range of the Iberian Peninsula. It is covered in forest and parts of the range have been transformed into eucalyptus, pine and acacia plantations.
This superb walk takes us through the Monchique Mountains, always accompanied by stunning views and monumental trees. We will pass by wooded hills, fragrant orchards and crystal clear springs.
A specialized guide will accompany you, show you the nicest spots and explain what you’re observing and the surroundings.
In the Serra de Monchique Walking Tour you have the opportunity to discover the reason that this area is nicknamed as the "Algarve Garden". Certainly a great highlight to your holidays!
4 to 5 hours
Minimum of 24 hours in advance
- Comfortable clothes, suitable shoes and sun cream are advised.
- Bring some snacks for the lunch break.
50€ per person
Walking day with specialized guide
Bottle of water
- Firewater Medronho tasting
Snacks for lunch break
Pick-up & drop-off transfers (Prices p. person):
- 20€ from the areas: Lagos, Portimão, Lagoa, Carvoeiro and Armação de Pêra.
- 30€ from the area: Albufeira.
- 40€ from the areas: Sagres, Vilamoura, Quarteira, Loulé, Almancil, Vale do Lobo, Quinta do Lago, Faro and Olhão.
- 60€ from the areas: Tavira, Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo António.
- Other areas: on request.