Ria Formosa Natural Park is one of the seven natural wonders of Portugal. This park is characterized by the presence of sandy coastal dunes which protects a wide lagoon area that stretches along the coast from Ancão to Castro Marim. The combination of sweet water river with the tide of the estuary and salt marshes creates an idyllic and impressive landscape of dunes, islands and unique waterways, which is a natural refuge for life of wild birds.
The walk tour starts near the Garrão beach and goes straight to the Ria Formosa Natural Park, where you can enjoy a walk close by the lagoon system and see different types of birds (as the Flamingo, Purple Swamphen, Kingfisher, Grey Heron, Little Egret, Stork and others) and other animals (as Chameleon, Turtle, Uca Tangeri crab and others) in their natural habitat. The tour passes through the salt marshes of Ludo and the roman ruins that remains in this area. The third part of the tour takes you by the beach, along the ocean.
A specialized guide will accompany you, show you the nicest spots and explain what you're observing and the surroundings.
In the Ria Formosa Walking Tour you have the opportunity to observe the beautiful wild life of the natural park while enjoying a pleasant walk. Certainly a great highlight to your holidays!
4 to 5 hours
Minimum of 24 hours in advance
- Comfortable clothes, suitable shoes and sun cream are advised.
- Bring some snacks for the lunch break.
50€ per person
Walking day with specialized guide
Bottle of water
Snacks for lunch break
Pick-up & drop-off transfers (Prices p. person):
- 10€ from the areas: Vilamoura, Quarteira, Loulé, Almancil, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago.
- 20€ from the areas: Armação de Pêra, Albufeira, Faro and Olhão.
- 30€ from the areas: Portimão, Lagoa, Carvoeiro and Tavira.
- 40€ from the areas: Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo António.
- Other areas: on request.