Barrocal is the transition zone between the coast and the mountains, which represents a sub-region that runs longitudinally across the Algarve, with a central region wider than the ends.The fields are covered with orange groves and fig, carob and almond trees. For that reason is known as Beira-Serra and the main supplier of the agricultural products of the Algarve.
In geological terms, it is characterized by the presence of several irregularly shaped limestone elevations, which rarely exceed 400m, called barrocos.
This area is home to good populations of species as Little owl, Barn owl, European hedgehog, passerine, various species of bats and some specimens of Bonelli's eagle.
A specialized guide will accompany you, show you the nicest spots and explain what you’re observing and the surroundings.
In the Barrocal Walking Tour you have the opportunity to experience the fruity and sweet aromas which are a constant and to observe, in each own time, the beauty of the blooming orchards and almond blossom. Certainly a great highlight to your holidays!
4 to 5 hours
Minimum of 24 hours in advance
- Comfortable clothes, suitable shoes and sun cream are advised.
- Bring some snacks for the lunch break.
50€ per person
Walking day with specialized guide
Bottle of water
Snacks for lunch break
Pick-up & drop-off transfers (Prices p. person):
- 20€ from the areas: Portimão, Lagoa, Carvoeiro, Armação de Pêra, Albufeira, Vilamoura, Quarteira, Loulé, Almancil, Vale do Lobo, Quinta do Lago, Faro and Olhão.
- 30€ from the areas: Lagos and Tavira.
- 40€ from the areas: Sagres, Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo António.
- Other areas: on request.